Monday, November 15, 2010

Mailbox Monday - Lodestone Book One: The Sea of Storms

I received for review Lodestone Book One: The Sea of Storms by Mark Whiteway from the author.

***
Ail-Kar, a white-hole portal from another universe, rains meteoroids onto the surface of the planet Kelanni. But the so-called "lodestones" behave according to different physical laws, transforming Kelanni's society. With the aid of the fearsome Keltar in their flying cloaks, the Kelanni are being put to forced labor to mine the lodestones. Shann, an orphan with a fiery disposition, witnesses a battle between a Keltar and a stranger bearing a similar flying cloak. She tracks down the stranger, and learns of the technology behind the Keltars' power, joining him on a mission to free the slaves and cut off their supply of lodestones. Meanwhile Keris, a Keltar, is sent on a mission to track down the rebels. She is attacked by a flying creature and saved by the enigmatic Chandara. At their Great Tree, she learns that a mysterious "Prophet" is out to destroy the Kelanni people. Their only hope is a powerful instrument hidden in the distant past. Pursued by Keltar, the party will encounter bizarre creatures, ancient technologies and terrifying dangers. Finally, they must seek to cross a massive storm barrier in order to reach the other side of their world, where a world-shaking revelation awaits.

16 comments:

  1. New book to me - love that cover! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this a MG or YA book? I love the cover and the summary sounds exciting. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an intriguing sounding book. Enjoy! My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/11/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Sheila, Jan Von Harz & Jennifer for commenting & stopping by.
    Jan, it doesn't really specify if it is mg or ya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Link exchange is nothing else except it is simply placing the
    other person's weblog link on your page at suitable place and other person will also do similar for you.

    Also visit my web page; officielairjordan2013.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your style is really unique compared to other people I have read stuff
    from. I appreciate you for posting when you've got the opportunity, Guess I will just bookmark this blog.

    Look into my weblog; click for source

    ReplyDelete
  7. This piece of writing will assist the internet
    viewers for building up new website or even a
    weblog from start to end.

    my web page Click Here (http://mlmundergroundclassifieds.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good day! I just want to offer you a big thumbs up for your excellent info you've got here on this post. I will be coming back to your web site for more soon.

    My web-site ... Recommended Reading

    ReplyDelete
  9. Someone necessarily assist to make seriously posts I might
    state. This is the very first time I frequented
    your web page and up to now? I surprised with the research you made
    to make this actual submit amazing. Fantastic task!

    Also visit my web-site ... Louis Vuitton Purses Outlet

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks , I've recently been looking for information approximately this subject for a while and yours is the best I have came upon till now. But, what about the conclusion? Are you certain concerning the source?

    Also visit my page :: Oakley Holbrook ()

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's wonderful that you are getting ideas from this paragraph as well as from our discussion made at this time.

    my blog; Cheap Jerseys

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it
    from somewhere? A design like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my blog shine.

    Please let me know where you got your design. Thanks a lot

    Also visit my weblog ... New Kevin Durant Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have you ever considered about including a little bit more than just your articles?
    I mean, what you say is fundamental and everything.
    However just imagine if you added some great graphics or video clips to give your posts more, "pop"!
    Your content is excellent but with images and video clips,
    this website could certainly be one of the very best in its niche.
    Excellent blog!

    my website Gucci Sito Ufficiale

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there, after reading this remarkable paragraph i am too cheerful to share
    my know-how here with colleagues.

    Have a look at my website Kobe 8 Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  15. Exceptional post however I was wanting to know if you could write a
    litte more on this subject? I'd be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Thank you!

    Also visit my homepage - Mulberry Bags

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think everything posted was actually very logical. However, what about this?
    suppose you wrote a catchier title? I am not saying your content is not solid, but
    suppose you added a headline that grabbed a person's attention? I mean "Mailbox Monday - Lodestone Book One: The Sea of Storms" is kinda boring. You ought to peek at Yahoo's
    home page and note how they create article headlines to get people to click.
    You might add a related video or a picture or two to get people
    excited about everything've got to say. In my opinion, it might bring your posts a little livelier.

    Here is my weblog :: Cheap Louis Vuitton Bags (http://www.explorethecapabilities.com)

    ReplyDelete